Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Purpose Driven Life - Day 40


 
Living with Purpose
Living on purpose is the only way to really live.
Everything else is just existing.

Most people struggle with three basic issues in life.  The first is identity:  "Who am I?"  The second is importance:  "Do I matter?"  The third is impact:  "What is my place in life?"  The answers to all three questions are found in God's five purposes for you.  As we come to the end of this journey, now that you know God's purposes for your life, you will be blessed if you do them!
WHAT IS A LIFE PURPOSE STATEMENT?
  • It's a statement that summarises God's purposes for your life.
  • It's a statement that points the direction of your life.
  • It's a statement that defines "success" for you.
  • It's a statement that clarifies your roles.
  • It's a statement that expresses your shape.
LIFE'S FIVE GREATEST QUESTIONS
  • What will be the centre of my life?  Who am I going to live for?
  • What will be the character of my life?  What kind of person will I be?
  • What will be the contribution of my life?  My role in the family of God?
  • What will be the communication of my life?  My mission to unbelievers?
  • What will be the community of my life?  My connection to Gods family?
GOD WANTS TO USE YOU
"David served God's purpose in his generation."  Now I understood why God called David "a man after my own heart".  David dedicated his life to fulfilling God's purposes on earth.  Neither past nor future generations can serve God's purpose in this generation.  Only we can.  Like Esther, God created you "for such a time as this."  Will you be a person God can use for His purposes?  Will you serve God's purpose in your generation?

DAY FORTY
THINKING ABOUT MY PURPOSE
Point to Ponder:  Living with purpose is the only way to really live.
Verse to Remember:  "For David ... served the purpose of God in his own generation."  Acts 13:36 (NASB)
Question to Consider:  When will I take the time to write down my answers to life's five great questions?  When will I put my purpose on paper?

No comments:

Post a Comment