Monday, December 26, 2011

1 Corinthians Worksheet - Chapter 5




Daily Reading Personal Application Questions
1 Corinthians Chapter 5

1. What can you apply to your life from today's reading?
2. What portion of this chapter stands out to you?
3. How would you describe the theme of the chapter to someone who does not know much about the Bible?
4. What example did you find to follow?
5. Was there an error (sin) you found to avoid?
6. Did you find a duty (command) to obey?
7. How will reading this chapter effect your life from now on?
8. Pick a verse to meditate on and try to memorize it.
9. Was there a promise to claim?
10. What is your summary and prayer today?
Observation Questions For
1 Corinthians Chapter 5
1) What sin had been reported to Paul happening among the brethren at Corinth? (I Corinthians 5:1)
2) Who was guilty of this immorality? (I Corinthians 5:1)
3) What was the Corinthians attitude toward this sin of fornication in the Church? (I Corinthians 5:2)
4) How should the brethren at Corinth have felt about fornication in the Church? (I Corinthians 5:2)
5) What had Paul already done when he wrote the Corinthians about the fornicator? (I Corinthians 5:3)
6) When the Corinthians met to deliver the fornicator to Satan whose spirit would be there? (I Corinthians 5:4)
7) What further effect was sought in delivering the fornicator to Satan? (I Corinthians 5:5)
8. What did Paul think of the Corinthians glorying in the fornicator? (I Corinthians 5:6)
9) According to Paul who is our Passover? (I Corinthians 5:7)
10) Paul advised the Corinthians to keep the feast with unleavened bread of sincerity and truth and not with old leaven. What does the old leaven contain? (I Corinthians 5:8
11) To avoid fornicators, covetous, extortioners and idolaters altogether in this world, what would one need to do according to Paul? (I Corinthians 5:9-11)
12) What jurisdiction does Paul have over “outsiders” of the church at Corinth? (I Corinthians 5:12)
13) How or by whom will the “outsiders” of the church at Corinth be judged? (I Corinthians 5:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment